Currently Viewing: About Us > Getlab
A tradition of quality since 2014.
Establishment of the Laboratory
Geotechnical Engineering and Technology Laboratory Ltd (GETLAB) is a Limited Liability Company, established in 2014. It offers testing services for a wide range of civil engineering materials and geotechnical/ geological exploration services.
The laboratory top Management is composed of engineers registered by the Engineers Registration Board (ERB) and also Members of UIPE with a highly accomplished practising senior surveyor. We also have skilled graduate laboratory engineers, supervisors and technicians that ensure suitable delivery of our services to the satisfaction of our clientelle.
The motivation for establishing GETLAB was derived from the need to address the fundamental gaps that have been observed over time in most local and regional civil engineering laboratories and these include;
- Lack of strict adherence to basic quality control requirements leading to inconsistency and lack of repeatability of test results;
- Lack of strict adherence to testing programs (time schedules) agreed with clients;
- Inadequate communication with and update of clients on the progress of both field and laboratory operations;
- Shortage of competent and well exposed personnel; and
Limited or no investment in the latest state of the art testing equipment and lack of contribution to research.
WHY YOU SHOULD CHOOSE US
- Strict recruitment and training of top-notch professionals
- Strict adherence to basic quality control requirements both national and international testing standards
- Annually calibration of equipment
- Research in technology and upgrade of our equipment
OUR MAJOR WORKS
- Railways & Structure
- Transmission Lines
- Water Treatment Plants
Consequently, the following measures have been instituted and implemented to help address the gaps above. These include;
- Regular training of all personnel on quality control including internal audit of the quality management system. This has been enhanced by placement of copies of the quality manual and testing procedures at all work stations.
- Assignment of reasonable delivery dates for test results after taking into account the current work load we have and discussing this with our clients before commencement of works in order to prevent unnecessary anxiety.
- Implementing and maintaining an online tracking field on our website to give clients customised real time updates on the progress of their works.
- Strict recruitment and training of top-notch professionals and intolerance of mediocrity among personnel.
- Commitment of a reasonable proportion of our annual profits to academic/ technical research and investment in new technology.